Senior Lawyer - Dispute Resolution
Appleby's strength and success depends on our commitment to recruit and develop people from the communities in which we operate. Our culture is enabling, supportive and meritocratic. Our relationships are based on fairness, dignity and respect.
Who are we?
As one of the world’s largest providers of offshore legal services, a career at Appleby offers you the opportunity to work with some of the most highly respected practitioners in the offshore world.
Why Join us?
Whether you are looking to join our legal, or business services teams, we are interested in people with the drive and ability to flourish in a highly professional and friendly environment.
Appleby (Bermuda) Limited is accepting applications from Senior Lawyers (Counsels and Partners) for our Dispute Resolution practice area.
Principal duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Review and undertake a wide range of contentious commercial disputes particularly including trust, company and insurance disputes
- Advise clients on complex high risk transactions
- Assist regulated clients navigate regulatory issues
- Represent the Group in dealings with outside law firms, government representatives, agencies and other professionals involved with the client’s matters
- Contribute to marketing efforts through writing articles for industry publications, speaking at conferences and attending overseas business development trips
- Lead or assist in drafting of precedent documentation for the department
- Effectively train, develop and manage junior team members, including participation in training programmes
- Minimum of at least ten years post qualification experience in any practice area
- Strong skills in and specialised knowledge of the relevant practice area(s)
- Developed analytical drafting and negotiating skills
- Proven skills in practice management, client development, marketing and relationship management
- Prior experience and proven ability to manage junior lawyers and contribute to management of the Firm
- A demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organise and delegate work assignments
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programmes Contribute to marketing efforts through writing articles for industry publications, speaking at conferences and attending overseas business development trips
: 11 September 2017