Legal Executive Assistant
Appleby's strength and success depends on our commitment to recruit and develop people from the communities in which we operate. Our culture is enabling, supportive and meritocratic. Our relationships are based on fairness, dignity and respect.
Who are we?
As one of the world’s largest providers of offshore legal services, a career at Appleby offers you the opportunity to work with some of the most highly respected practitioners in the offshore world.
Why Join us?
Whether you are looking to join our legal, or business services teams, we are interested in people with the drive and ability to flourish in a highly professional and friendly environment.
Appleby requires the services of experienced Legal Executive Assistants. The successful candidates will be focused, innovative and have a keen eye for detail.Principle duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide advanced secretarial support to team of assigned lawyers, including complex travel arrangements
- Establish and maintain filing system and effectively use the electronic Document Management System
- Prepare routine correspondence, agreements, and standard legal documents under the supervision of lawyers
- Liaise with relevant governmental departments and agencies as needed
- Open and close files in compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Manage calendars and establish and maintain effective reminder systems
- Prepare, process and issue monthly invoices, monitor and collect accounts receivables
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A minimum of five years of experience in a senior secretarial role
- A minimum of three years of experience providing secretarial support in a law firm/legal environment
- Ability to accurately type at 60 – 70 w.p.m.
- Experience working in a shared support environment
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Professional attitude and approach, including the ability to work independently, exercising judgement and initiative
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly MS Word and Outlook, Client Management Systems (CMS) and Document Management Systems (DMS)
Successful candidates will be able to produce work on a same-day basis, adhere to deadlines and work overtime when required. If you possess the relevant experience, are a motivated team player and interested in career advancement, we want to hear from you. Closing Date:
21 February 2018